Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

trim castle & rock of cashel

In July we went to Trim Castle with Mandi's parents, Craig and Linda. This is the castle where the movie Braveheart was filmed and if I remember right it's the largest castle in Ireland. It had a huge grassy area for the kids to run around and play, and it stopped raining when we got there so Ireland was on our side that day. Castles are really cool and historic but I have to say LDS temples are much more castle-esque to me. Ireland needs to get one of those ;)
Ireland's flower game is on point.
Jack pretending to be a dog is maybe one of the cutest things ever.
While Craig and Linda were in town we also ventured on over to the town of Tipperary to see the Rock of Cashel. It's basically a fortress on top of a green hill with a Celtic cathedral and cemetery, and is apparently one of Ireland's greatest archeological sites. The view was absolutely gorgeous. e The Irish countryside  and I rekindled our love that day ;) The cemetery had a lottery for people being buried there and there are only 11 people left on the list, but don't quote me on this, I went there months ago :)


No comments:

Post a Comment