Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

ring of kerry part 1


We headed to the Ring of Kerry the first weekend Tan and Brynne were in town.
  We left during rush hour so it took us forever to get out of town. We decided to stop at Eddie Rockets (Ireland's Johnny Rockets) and it was disgusting. I ordered a Greek salad and it didn't come with dressing! Everything about it tasted funky, except the tomatoes. So basically I enjoyed a delicious 10 euro tomato. That is why I dislike eating out in Ireland so much. While we were waiting for our food I saw two ten year old boys steal money from Eddie Rockets and outrun the security guards. So that was exciting. Another man came up to me and Brynne and asked us if he had chocolate all over his face because he was going to see his girlfriend. Also very special :)We had a crazy drive on the small country roads in the dark because we missed the exit we were supposed to take. Just so you know in Ireland that's what happens if you miss your exit and don't turn around. We were staying in the cutest little town that I was wild about. Our hotel rooms were nice and roomy which is a big deal for Europe. In the ring you basically just drive through it and then pull over for amazing views whenever you would like. We also went to some cute towns within the ring to eat and explore. Overall it was an amazing trip and good times were had by all :) 

I stole this picture off of Brynne's blog but this is the street our hotel was on. It was full of charm.
We had breakfast at a little cafe. I was so tempted to get the cinnamon waffle but decided to stick to eggs to be a little health conscious. Mandi got the waffle and it was just a plain waffle with straight up cinnamon all over it. Not cinnamon sugar, just cinnamon. Don't trust the Irsish and their cooking ;)

We drove through the whole ring on our first (full) day and I had this cute little fella to sit next to. 
Wildflowers. Wildflowers everywhere!


We stopped at Skelligs Chocolate Factory in the middle of nowhere and about died over the chocolate. We got to sample all of the different kinds and the lady didn't understand why we weren't trying the rum chocolate. All these Mormons were messing everything up ;) I wont say who but one member of our party did try it thinking that it was this other one we all raved about and he or she couldn't understand why we were so wild about it. I kept trying to explain that he/she had tried the rum flavored chocolate but it just wasn't clicking with this person :) We all bought our fair share of chocolate, and spent more than our fair share of money on it. I ate my entire bag of orange brittle that very day. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
We stopped in this little town that I can't remember the name of and had lunch by the sea. There were beautiful hydrangea bushes that none of us could get enough of. Ireland has a large assortment of flowers and I'm pretty sure nothing is done to take care of them. The weather takes care of the watering and I don't think weeds grow here (at least in our garden they don't).
We also happened to be right by Ireland's top public restroom so of course I had to use it! I have no idea how it won any kind of an award because it was actually pretty gross. Such a let down ;)
I personally don't feel like Ireland knows how to do food right and this picture hanging up in the restaraunt we ate at perfectly depicts why.
 
My greatest sista friends because they are sisters and we are friends.
Ireland is full of colorful buildings, doors and homes and I've become quite accustomed to it. I think that every town should be this way. Let's all paint our houses (or at least our doors) our favorite color! Who's with me?!






No comments:

Post a Comment