Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Switzerland part 1

We flew into Basel, Switzerland late Thursday night and had a fun surprise when we found out that Euro Car Rental wouldn't let us rent a GPS. We didn't have internet on our phones but Bryce and MJ managed to find our hotel in France without a problem. That is considered mad skill in this day in age!

It's was crazy to me that we could walk out different doors to go to different countries.
 The first item on our agenda was to check out the Gruyere Cheese Factory. It was actually not that great and smelled like wet dog. I would recommend just heading straight to the village for fondue instead! However, we did get to try different cheeses and I now know that the less mature the cheese the better :)
 I found my house for when I move back to Switzerland!
 I was in complete awe when we pulled up to Greyere Village. I've never seen a more charming town. I'm starting to wonder why all towns aren't this way? I mean sure we can't all have the Swiss Alps for a backdrop but that's not excuse! 


 We had fondue for lunch and it was yummmmmmy. Somehow it took us three hours to eat. To be honest none of us are really sure how that happened, but by the end all of the kids were definitely done!
 We all took turns walking Jack around the village during lunch since it was taking forever. I switched out with Bryce and Mandi after I had finished eating and walked all the way to the top of the village and took pictures for a while.
Half of the reason lunch took so long is because we waited for an hour and a half for our raspberries and cream.. worth it!  

We took a train to Mt. Gornergrat where we had a great view of the Matterhorn. I really can't capture the beauty of Switzerland in a picture but let me tell you, it was breathtaking.
We always see the best poses from our fellow tourists and we couldn't resist copying this one
I've been sad about missing fall in the mountains so I was grateful this trip provided just that.
Zermatt was quite the town. It actually reminded me a bit of Park City
Bryce treated us all to some Swiss chocolate that was to die for good. I got the white raspberry chocolate and ate the whole think five minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment