Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

While my mom was in Ireland she got to see more of my everyday life, rather than all of Ireland. Thankfully she was a good sport about it! I babysat for the first part of her trip, and then we went to Italy, which only left us with a couple of free days together in Ireland. She went out and did quite a bit on her own, but here's some of what we did together: 

After Bryce and Mandi got back from Italy we rode the Dart to Howth to eat dinner by the sea. I had grilled salmon and tomatoes and all kinds of lovely things that I have been missing dearly, and my mom had fish and chips. Somehow our waiter guessed that I was from Salt Lake. He didn't see my debit card or ID or anything so it was strange. We went and had gelato after and walked around Howth. I was freezing (stomach flu) so we decided to head home. While we are on the train this crazy group of guys in their twenties hopped on and sat on the opposite end of our cart. I heard them fighting with some girls before they hopped on so I knew we were in for a treat. It's hard to understand a drunk Irish man with a thick accent, so the 'f' word was the only thing I could make out. As the ride (and drinking) went on they started getting rowdier and at one point the most intense one of them all stood up and started yelling at everyone on the train while banging on a pole. From the sounds of it he's had a pretty tough life, and he was mad at us for it. It was very entertaining. My stop was next and everyone that was sitting on his side of the cart got off. I'm pretty sure it wasn't their usual stop ;) 
We went shopping on Grafton and had gelato from Gino's one last time.
We strolled through St. Stephens Green.
Fall in Ireland is weird. Everything is still as green as can be, but then the leaves on the ground are yellow. It's not very often that you actually see any orange or yellow trees.
We went to Britas Bay for a little beach fire family night! Mandi bought a fire in a bag, and stuff to make smore's. There's no graham crackers here, only digestive biscuits (cookies), and the marshmallows taste like gummy candy but the Milka chocolate bars more than made up for it.
It was such a magical night. Sometimes I forget how cool it is that I live less than a mile away from the sea! What on earth am I going to do when I move home?!
My mom couldn't come to Ireland without going to Wicklow Mountain National Park. She loved it, and I'm really glad she was able to see the Irish country side before going home.

Look at that sky! It should be known that it didn't rain once when my mom was here. I think she had the best weather out of all of our visitors! 




1 comment:

  1. she deserved the best weather too! i love all these pics. can i come back and live in wicklow?

    ReplyDelete