Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

 Anytime I'm in charge of kids for more than 24 hours I start to question my ability to be a mother someday. I mean I can be in charge of children for limited periods of time but as soon as their lives are in my hands even after I go to bed, I start to panic. I check on them multiple times throughout the middle of the night to make sure they are still breathing or haven't been kidnapped. Anyways--When I babysat I tried my best to be a good caregiver, keep the house in order, make special breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday like they are used to, bake treats, have a home cooked meal with the table set each night, do fun activities, be patient, get them to bed on time etc etc. That is what they are used to with their mom and dad around buuut I pretty much gave up on doing all of that, and just tried to get us all through the weekend without too many tears.

 This is what I would wake up to every morning. Owen and Isaac's room is right next to mine, so I always hear them opening and closing the cupboards (we all have cupboards in our room for closets). It's kind of like my wake up call ;) When I went in their room to get them they weren't anywhere to be seen, so sure enough when I opened up the cupboard there they were. They could not have been more thrilled with themselves. Also-- Ikey is obsessed with being a sports guy. I let Owen wear the basketball outfit the night before because Isaac had been wearing them every night. Isaac had a major melt down and told me that he wont look cool if he's not a "spoyts guy." Obviously I had to find him some more 'sports' pajamas. Oh and don't mind that he slept with his hat on, ha!
 My mom took the boys to the park so I had some one on one time with cutest Jacky B! He always calls me "Maddi, Buddy" but mostly "Buddy." Him saying it in his little voice is enough to melt my heart. It's impossible to not have an obsession with him.
 He always walks around saying "appol, appol." I just wish you could all witness his sweetness.
  I had to walk the boys to their school that is only two miles away, but it was tricky because the stroller we usually use is broken, so I had to use the devil stroller. If there's one thing on this earth that I despise, it is this stroller. Going to school is straight up hill for two miles and let me just tell you, pushing them in that (insert bad word) stroller was enough to make me fall over dead. Especially since the boys were out of control. I ended up walking 8 miles that day trying to get them to and from school since I had to walk home after I dropped them off, and it kind of made me feel like a pioneer woman. It's things like this that I will actually miss about Ireland. I just feel like doing anything takes so much effort, which used to bother me, but now I think it's pretty cool.
The boys fell asleep on the walk home from school. It was a sweet relief from the running, screaming and hitting they were doing on the walk to school.Unfortunately we were all hit with the stomach flu not too long after this photo was taken, which explains why the walk felt extra difficult this day.
 These three boys have become like my own little nephews, and I just love them to pieces. 

1 comment: