Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

august

Here's some random moments from August that I deemed iPhone picture taking worthy.

Runs in Ireland are lovely. I 100% don't do it enough and that is something I am starting to regret now that my time here is wrapping up. There are fabulous parks, neighborhoods, and trails along the coast to run on, and let's not forget the glory of running at sea level! This is Blackrock park near my house. 
See this double decker stroller? It's brilliant, right? Except for when it decides to break on you at the zoo. MJ and I had a nice time trying to carry that thing out, along with Jack (who weighs a zillion pounds and holds himself together like a noodle), while getting the twins to cooperate and stay with us. It's times like this when I remember how nice Utahn's are. I mean Irish people are the nicest, but Utahns know how to serve ;) We had such a rough day/week so we were treated to an evening trip to DunDrum shopping centre. Retail therapy is powerful!
This was the first (and not the last) spider I found in our house. I caught it and put it outside and my reward has been finding more spiders like it, or larger in the house. I've learned my lesson. Always kill the spider, never set it free ;)
Ireland has sunsets too ya know.
We got to babysit Morris while Tanner and Brynne were in Scotland! These two cousins fought a little bit over the Mickey Mouse car (?) but they eventually worked through their problems.
We were hanging out at the park and I caught myself sitting in Morrie's stroller like this for who knows how long. Babies have it made.
Just a nice little reminder (all the way from Scotland) when I needed it.
We played at St. Stephens Green for a couple of hours while Mandi walked Tanner and Brynne to Trinity College. They didn't get to see the book of kells because the library was closing, but at least they got to see the grounds :) I used to really dislike taking kids to parks. I just did not have the patience for it. Buuut I'm pretty much a pro at it now and my patience has increased a little bit so watch out nieces and nephews ;)
Isaac really wanted me to wear a hat to the park and when I said I didn't have one he brought me one, ha! I'm not sure how I got out of wearing it.
I'm always so proud of the boys when they make new friends at the park.
I love all of the little 'explorations' we go on and how the twins view the world.
There's this gradual hill at Carysfort park that the boys insist on going down a zillion times.
We fit four children and five adults into Bryce and Mandi's very mini, mini van on our way to church. Mandi had to sit in the back and lost all feeling in her legs just before she had to give a talk!
Putting Morris to sleep was one of my favorite things. Not because I was happy that he was going to bed, but just because I loved snuggling with that busy little guy.
Tyler challenged me to do the ice bucket challenge. We didn't have a bucket, nor did we have very much ice, but I did my best. There was an icy cold rain going on while I did it so I believe that helps my case a little bit. Isaac helped Brynnie pour the water on me, and he kept telling us that his feet got wet. He was pretty proud of himself :)
We went to the cutest children's museum. Did these places exist when I was a child, because holy cow they are rad!
I went and saw Riverdance and was blown away. The number with the hip-hop dancers vs the river dancers had me grinning from ear to ear. To be honest I actually regret not becoming a river dancer. It's not too late, right?
This poem...
More Irish randomness.
I wasn't wearing my contacts at the zoo, and from far away I thought these were real. When Owen and Isaac were running towards them I about had a heart attack. They look so evil!
This peacock was just wandering around the zoo and I was wishing Beks could be there so bad because of how much she loves peacocks ;)
ahhhh.
Whenever the sun is shining in Dublin, which is surprisingly a lot, my heart gets extremely full. This place is amazing, weather and all.
This is my bus stop on my way home from institute. Not bad, eh?
Jack is such a happy baby. There's times where I'll be in my room doing homework, feeling down because I'm doing math homework and I'll hear Jacky running down the hall saying, "Buddy, Buddy, Buddy" in his cheerful little voice. He'll open my door and bring me a stuffed animal, or a half eaten apple, or whatever it is he has to offer that day, and my spirits are immediately lifted. What would the world even be without kids?
I saw this spider run across the floor and under the couch I was sitting on. I couldn't find it, but when Bryce and Mandi got home from their date they found it on the curtain behind me. What a creeper!
We got to go to an American football game! I guess we are trying to bring football to Ireland, so every year two American teams come over and play at Croke park. This year it was Penn State and UCF. I teared up during the national anthem, and got the chills when the jets flew over head. On the jumbo tron they would explain what was happening whenever there was a time out. It was a good way to watch a football game.
This was the view from the stadium.
I found my Halloween costume! Too bad it's sold out.
There is so much green here.
 I guess this is what an Irish duck looks like. I don't get it, but I like it.
Hanging out in downtown Dublin with my brother. See that door behind us? That's my favorite one in all of Dublin.


No comments:

Post a Comment