Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Howth with the Frei's

 I am so behind on documenting my life, it's quite overwhelming. I've actually thought about giving up blogging altogether. I tried to get into journaling instead, but my arms cramp up too bad from writing, and all of my journal entries are cut short. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's okay to get behind on here. Sometimes I'm too busy living to remember to blog, and sometimes I'm not busy at all but I still don't remember to blog. With that being said, I'm not going to stress about how behind I get and how out of order everything is. The main reason for doing this is so that someday I can look back on all of these memories. I've even decided I am going to print a blog book to hopefully make that more likely to happen :) So, if my future self is reading this right now and wondering why the heck I'm so all over the place with this 'book' or whatever form I am reading it in, don't judge too hard. You were just preoccupied with one of the best times of your life and documenting it at all was just about all you could do :) 

Anyways.

Howth is a dreamy place so naturally we had to take Tanner and Brynne there. Clear back in August... haha. We hung out by the sea, ate fish and chips, and enjoyed each others company even though there was a dark cloud hanging over us since we were running out of time together. We thought about going cliff jumping but the weather was quite frigid when they were in town so we decided to take a rain check. Literally ;) 

Just looking at these pictures makes me smile. It's so cool that they were able to see a bit of my life over here! I was going through a pretty difficult change while they were in town so I just didn't feel quite like myself. I felt so guilty and embarrassed about this because they had traveled such a long way to visit us. It troubles me that anybody had to deal with me during that time, but especially Tanner and Brynne! Looking back I can see how sweet they were to me and how they helped bring sunshine back to my life during that dark time. They let me talk about all of my frustrations and fears, and even held my hand and shared their milkshake with me while I cried and cried. I just needed to feel some love and they definitely gave that to me. I'm sure this is probably too much information for a blog, but nobody really reads this anyways so I'm just going to say it. I'll never going to forget this trip with them, and I certainly hope it's not our only foreign excursion we take together ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment