Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Barcelona, Spain Part 2

 One of the best things about my trip was that Tyler planned everything. I trusted him to make sure I saw everything I needed to see since he had been living in the city for two months, and he didn't let me down. This pretty much meant I had no idea what I was getting into because the names of places meant nothing to me and I did zero research. Everything was a surprise to me and I loved every single thing we did. On my second day there we woke up early and rode a bus for about an hour to Monsterrat with Tyler's friends Paul, and Lee. Tyler and I had a fun time forcing each other to listen to music that the other person hates. I made him listen to country since it's kind of my summer jam, and he made me listen to his punk music. We do have pretty good taste in music on a regular basis, but nobody's perfect, right? ;) The day was so blissful and I couldn't stop saying, "I just love this" (vocab I've picked up from the twins. The bus we took wasn't going back down the mountain until six in the evening so we had to dedicate our entire day to Monsterrat but thankfully there was plenty for us to explore.


 

It might just be me, but don't you think Paul looks like he could be one of my brothers?

The entire hike I was talking about how bad I wanted a bag of cherries. I kept telling Ty that we needed to stop at a grocery store on our way home so that we could get some. As we were walking to the parking lot to get on our bus we passed a fruit stand with the most delicious looking cherries. I bought a bag and could not stop talking about how delicious they were. We ended up being super early for the bus and had another hour to kill so I went back and bought another bag. I don't think I will ever find cherries quite as delicious.

After our fun day we relaxed for a while at my request, and then went to the yummiest Mexican restaurant for dinner.  It was just me and Ty and we had to wait outside for an hour to be seated but I loved being able to catch up with my favorite guy. And not to mention that Mexican food is always worth the wait.

1 comment: