Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Barcelona, Spain Part 3

On my third day in Spain we changed our plans from traveling to a beach town and decided to have a day to just hang out in the city and take it all in. We started our morning off by getting some yummy fresh squeezed OJ and did lots of shopping. Ty had to buy presents for his family so it was a great excuse ;) This is where I began to prove that I am a wimp and where Tyler proved his patience with me. While we were shopping I started to complain that my stomach was burning from the OJ and that I needed something to eat. He bought me a croissant and I felt much better. We went to this great market that I can't remember the name of.  It had so much food and it all looked delish. Okay, maaaaaybe not the raw meat, but other than that...There was lots of fruit and different juices which is my kind of heaven.

Tyler bought us these yummy fresh fruit drinks as we were leaving that must have been heaven sent. I went with the raspberry coconut and holy smokes it was tasty. As we were walking down Las Ramblas drinking our juice I started feeling really nauseous and I puked everywhere. Just kidding, but I did make Tyler sit down under a tree in the middle of the street with me while I waited for it to pass. I still felt sick so we decided to look for a painting for his mom, and then we could go back to his apartment and get some medicine. After we found a painting we hurried home and I pretty much felt instantly better after drinking some water, taking medicine and laying down for a bit. Looking back I'm pretty sure I was dehydrated and my stomach was still adjusting to all of the weird food I had been eating. I hadn't been out of the United States for too long and my appetite was all out of whack.


When I decided I was done being a drama queen we were ready for the beach! We went to a man made beach that I don't know the name of. However, I do know it is was built for the Olympics (at least I think this is a true fact). We had some yummy kebabs at a little place by the beach  and tried to meet up with Lee but we couldn't get internet on our phones to text her. Little did we know she was waiting outside of Tyler's apartment for two hours trying to get a hold of us. Oops :/  We played in the water for a little bit but it got old pretty quick since there were no waves, and we couldn't go in together because we didn't want to leave all of our stuff on the beach. I'm not complaining though because we spent the majority of the time napping and boy was it glorious. 


  After the beach we went to Park Guell, and stayed there for quite sometime before heading to dinner. Originally we planned on going home to shower and change since I was still in my sundress and bathing suit, but we decided against it since we didn't want to be rushed with any of our plans. So basically I was a sweaty mess all day ;)

My favorite part  of park Guell was when we climbed up this giant rock at the very top of the park and sat and looked over the city. It was so surreal being in a different country with Tyler, and having it feel like it was just regular life. I forgot that we were going to be saying goodbye again the next day until the end of November and we were able to talk about things in a way that made life feel normal again. Since everything about my everyday life had just changed a little familiarity was quite refreshing. There was a guitarist playing below us which didn't hurt our situation either :)

On our way out of the park we stopped where Tyler wrote our names when he first moved to Barcelona. A couple of days after he moved he sent me a picture with our names and explained what he had done. It actually brought me a lot of relief to know that he hadn't left me for a beautiful Spaniard yet ;) We joked about going back someday to find it, we just didn't realize it would be a month later :)

 

 After the park we had the most magical dinner by the ocean. I really like when I'm able to just enjoy the moment but the problem is that I never take pictures when it really counts, so I'm just going to paint you a picture with my memory.

We went to this place for some amazing Paella. We sat outside and the setting was pretty dreamy. If I remember right we were in the middle of some sort of town square and there were lanterns or twinkly lights. If I'm making this up in my head then I guess it's just an added bonus ;) The world cup was playing on a big screen and all the waiters, customers, and people just walking by were stopping everything they were doing to watch it. I loved when something exciting would happen and the exciting energy it brought. For dinner they brought us a million plates of bread that I couldn't get enough of, and the most gigantic pan of Paella. We didn't even come close to finishing it and I think it was a little bit offensive. Different waiters kept asking us if we didn't like it, and they kept bringing us more hand towelettes in hopes that we would try to eat more.

After dinner we stopped and got gelato and then made our way to the Magic Fountain. It was beautiful, and it almost competes with the world of color. There was a pride festival going on right by it so we saw lots of eccentric costumes, and some outdoor urinals. Why that's ever a good idea, I do not know. We were pretty tired after watching the fountain (it's just so exhausting, ya know ;) )and decided to call it a night. I don't think I could have stayed out a minute later than we did because my feet hurt incredibly bad. I guess that's what I get for wearing flimsy sandals around all day. I'm turning into a firm believer in wearing running shoes at all times while traveling, I've just yet to actually do it ;)

Anywhoosies we headed home and it was a glorious thing getting back to Tyler's apartment. I felt like a child on the walk home because I just kept asking how much farther we had to go. I so badly wished that I had a stroller I could be pushed in, but then I realized that would be like being in a wheelchair, which I don't want. When we got home we stayed up late Skyping some friends, and being the most slap happy humans you've ever met. It was pretty blissful if you ask me. I almost forgot to mention something of great importance--Tyler gave me a foot massage for the first time! It is the one thing that he absolutely refuses to do, and I am always teasing him (half serious) about giving me one. He just did it without me really bugging him. I was really grateful because like I said, my feet hurt.










No comments:

Post a Comment