Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Barcelona, Spain Part 4

 We started my last day of the trip off by going to this restaurant called Milk for an American breakfast. Holy smokes it was so good! I got an arugula omelet with potatoes and fresh squeezed orange juice. It was delightful. I was eating pastries for breakfast everyday (not complaining) since I was in Portugal the week before, so it was nice to have a real breakfast. Alright--Enough food talk.

We went to Tibidabo, a mountain overlooking Spain that has an amusement park, and Catholic church on top, for the afternoon. On our way there we had to take a long train ride, and I was more than thrilled about it! The fact that I got to sit down for so long had me giddy the entire trip. It's amazing how taxing travel can be on a lazy person ;) We spent a big chunk of the afternoon at Tibidabo just hanging out and pretending that I wasn't flying home that evening. We made a big bucket list for things we needed to do in SLC, like I was going to be back there right after I left Spain.

After Tibidabo we headed to Ciutadella park and walked around for a bit. We got some free hugs from these people who had a sign offering free hugs. Neither of us really wanted one but we gave into the peer pressure ;) We also watched a tour group come by and pretend to be interested in what the tour guide was saying. I swear we were sitting in the lamest part of the park so I can't imagine what was being said to them. I am a firm believer in not ever going on a tour with a tour guide. I mean sure it's cool that you get to learn all kinds of information about the place you are at, but I would much rather do what I want and have my own experience in the places I'm visiting. Anywhoosies after the park we walked to this other little town that I loved and got some gelato one last time. This place required you to get at least two scoops so that was an unexpected blessing ;)  After gelato we  hurried home so I could pack up. We had a little time to kill before I had to catch the bus to the airport so Ty gave me another foot massage. Bless him, times a million!

Going to Barcelona was by far the highlight of my summer. I've never been so exhausted in my life, but it's only because we were constantly having fun. I'm so glad that Tyler let me come visit, and was willing to show me around. It really was the b-e-s-t!









No comments:

Post a Comment